Yennaris signs Gunners contract extension
Tuesday 22 November 2011
Teenage defender Nico Yennaris has signed a contract extension with Arsenal.
The 18-year-old made his first-team debut in the Gunners' 2-1 win over Bolton in the Carling Cup fourth round last month.
Yennaris played the full 90 minutes at right back and is comfortable playing across the defence or in midfield.
The England youth international joined the north London club aged seven and has risen through their youth structure, signing professional terms in July 2010.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture