Celtic fined by Uefa over 'illicit chanting'
Monday 12 December 2011
Celtic have been hit with a fine of 15,000 euros after their fans were reported for "illicit chanting" during the Europa League match against Rennes last month.
UEFA's control and disciplinary panel imposed the fine after the match delegate was informed of pro-IRA chanting by the Strathclyde police match commander on November 3.
The fine was announced by the European governing body this afternoon after a decision was taken on Friday.
Celtic expressed their surprise at the charge when it was announced last month and said they would cooperate fully with any investigation.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger set to cancel moves for Sami Khedira and Morgan Schneiderlin in favour of Jack Wilshere - reports
Wilfried Zaha grabs rare opportunity to impress new Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal
Calum Chambers joins Arsenal: New £16m signing put through Arsenal initiation as he sings The Kooks in front of team-mates
Manchester United transfer news: Mats Hummels, Daley Blind and Thomas Vermaelen on radar as Louis van Gaal reveals he still wants to sign defender
Seydou Keita refuses Pepe handshake before throwing water bottle prior to Roma vs Real Madrid match
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Zayn Malik on Israel-Gaza: One Direction singer bombarded with Twitter death threats after posting #FreePalestine
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'