Hooper lifts Celtic eight points clear
Wednesday 02 February 2011
Celtic moved eight points clear at the top of the Scottish Premier League table last night with a 3-0 win over Aberdeen at Pittodrie.
The home side had to play virtually the whole game with 10 men after defender Andrew Considine was shown a red card for a foul on Scott Brown in the penalty area inside two minutes. Jamie Langfield saved Anthony Stokes' penalty but Celtic took the lead in the 12th minute through Gary Hooper.
Mark Wilson got the second with 15 minutes to go and Stokes made amends for his penalty miss soon after.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Autistic adults could take pure MDMA to 'reduce social anxiety'
- 2 Before you complain about your GP, this is what you need to know about actually doing the job
- 3 Father of 12 accused of raping, beating, starving and abusing his own children in US 'cult'
- 4 Britain's Got Talent 2015: Jamie Raven divides Twitter as fans expose mind-boggling magic trick
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote