Naismith out for rest of the season
Wednesday 02 November 2011
Rangers and Scotland striker Steven Naismith has been ruled out for the rest of the season after sustaining a cruciate ligament injury in his right knee against Aberdeen on Saturday.
"He will, sadly, miss the rest of the season," Rangers said yesterday. "Steven will be seen by the same surgeon who successfully treated him in 2008 and his rehabilitation programme will be eight to nine months."
Naismith is the top scorer in the Scottish Premier League this season with nine goals, his strikes helping the Glasgow club open up a nine-point lead at the top after only 13 games.
sportLiverpool 5 Norwich City 1: Uruguayan striker has now scored 11 league goals against the club
arts + entsOlivier-nominated actor and singer is set to star in Lloyd Webber's musical about the Profumo affair
filmWith more than 70 per cent of early films lost, archivists are scouring the world to preserve the precious examples that remain
sportThe coach of Chalfont St Peter's under-10s football team was relieved of his duties after he sent an email to parents that said: 'I am only interested in winning'
techA piece of new hi-tech kit aims to get us scribbling again
indybestMake getting out of the wrong side of bed on cold winter mornings a thing of the past with our selection of night-time covers
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Latest in Sport
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 UK chef creates world's most expensive ready meal - a fish pie costing £314
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do