Naismith out for rest of the season
Wednesday 02 November 2011
Rangers and Scotland striker Steven Naismith has been ruled out for the rest of the season after sustaining a cruciate ligament injury in his right knee against Aberdeen on Saturday.
"He will, sadly, miss the rest of the season," Rangers said yesterday. "Steven will be seen by the same surgeon who successfully treated him in 2008 and his rehabilitation programme will be eight to nine months."
Naismith is the top scorer in the Scottish Premier League this season with nine goals, his strikes helping the Glasgow club open up a nine-point lead at the top after only 13 games.
Latest in Sport
Angel Di Maria reveals wish to return to Argentina - but don't worry Manchester United fans...
Arsene Wenger 18th anniversary at Arsenal: His WORST signings XI during his time with the Gunners
18 things Wenger has still never done at Arsenal
Robin van Persie reveals Louis van Gaal wants Manchester United to 'be more Dutch and pull on the same rope'
FC Basel vs Liverpool: Champions League match preview
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month