Neil Lennon wants to add to high-flying Celtic squad
Sunday 05 January 2014
Neil Lennon was ecstatic with Celtic’s 4-0 win at St Mirren on Sunday but admitted he is seeking recruits in the transfer window.
The Hoops ran riot in the second half after drawing a blank in the opening 45 minutes, with Charlie Mulgrew breaking the deadlock shortly after the resumption.
Anthony Stokes added a second before Kris Commons took his tally for the season to 17 goals with a brace as Celtic extended their unbeaten Scottish Premiership run to 20 games.
“It was an exceptional performance,” Lennon said. “[But] we do feel as if the squad needs strengthening.”
Latest in Sport
Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger set to cancel moves for Sami Khedira and Morgan Schneiderlin in favour of Jack Wilshere - reports
Wilfried Zaha grabs rare opportunity to impress new Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal
Calum Chambers joins Arsenal: New £16m signing put through Arsenal initiation as he sings The Kooks in front of team-mates
Manchester United transfer news: Mats Hummels, Daley Blind and Thomas Vermaelen on radar as Louis van Gaal reveals he still wants to sign defender
Seydou Keita refuses Pepe handshake before throwing water bottle prior to Roma vs Real Madrid match
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Zayn Malik on Israel-Gaza: One Direction singer bombarded with Twitter death threats after posting #FreePalestine
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'