Neil Lennon wants to add to high-flying Celtic squad
Sunday 05 January 2014
Neil Lennon was ecstatic with Celtic’s 4-0 win at St Mirren on Sunday but admitted he is seeking recruits in the transfer window.
The Hoops ran riot in the second half after drawing a blank in the opening 45 minutes, with Charlie Mulgrew breaking the deadlock shortly after the resumption.
Anthony Stokes added a second before Kris Commons took his tally for the season to 17 goals with a brace as Celtic extended their unbeaten Scottish Premiership run to 20 games.
“It was an exceptional performance,” Lennon said. “[But] we do feel as if the squad needs strengthening.”
Latest in Sport
- 1 Are you turning into your dad? The top ten signs you've embraced dad-ism revealed as survey says 38 is age men turn into their father
- 2 Overheard in Waitrose: documenting the chatter in 'Britain's poshest supermarket'
- 3 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Grace Dent on TV: Game of Thrones has jumped the shark
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave