Neil Lennon wants to add to high-flying Celtic squad
Sunday 05 January 2014
Neil Lennon was ecstatic with Celtic’s 4-0 win at St Mirren on Sunday but admitted he is seeking recruits in the transfer window.
The Hoops ran riot in the second half after drawing a blank in the opening 45 minutes, with Charlie Mulgrew breaking the deadlock shortly after the resumption.
Anthony Stokes added a second before Kris Commons took his tally for the season to 17 goals with a brace as Celtic extended their unbeaten Scottish Premiership run to 20 games.
“It was an exceptional performance,” Lennon said. “[But] we do feel as if the squad needs strengthening.”
Latest in Sport
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture