Neil Lennon wants to add to high-flying Celtic squad
Sunday 05 January 2014
Neil Lennon was ecstatic with Celtic’s 4-0 win at St Mirren on Sunday but admitted he is seeking recruits in the transfer window.
The Hoops ran riot in the second half after drawing a blank in the opening 45 minutes, with Charlie Mulgrew breaking the deadlock shortly after the resumption.
Anthony Stokes added a second before Kris Commons took his tally for the season to 17 goals with a brace as Celtic extended their unbeaten Scottish Premiership run to 20 games.
“It was an exceptional performance,” Lennon said. “[But] we do feel as if the squad needs strengthening.”
Latest in Sport
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel
The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace