Nicky Law scores twice on Rangers debut
Monday 29 July 2013
Former Motherwell and Rotherham midfielder Nicky Law began his Rangers career with two goals as the Glasgow side beat Albion Rovers 4-0 in the Ramsdens Cup.
Ian Black and David Templeton also scored in the first-round tie against the Scottish League Two side.
The Rangers manager, Ally McCoist, was full of praise for Law, who played as a triallist because of Rangers’ transfer embargo. “His first goal was a great goal because he must have ran 40, 50 yards and you could see a real desire to get on the end of the cross,” McCoist said.
Latest in Sport
Manchester United transfer news: Javier Hernandez close to exit as Atletico Madrid admit interest
Manchester United transfer news: Mats Hummels, Thomas Vermaelen and Daley Blind on radar as Louis van Gaal reveals he still wants to sign defender
Scottie dogs in Commonwealth Games opening ceremony 'disrespectful to Muslims', say Malaysian politicians
Divock Origi joins Liverpool before immediately being loaned back to Lille
Seydou Keita refuses Pepe handshake before throwing water bottle prior to Roma vs Real Madrid match
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us