Rangers make bid for Cuellar
Wednesday 22 June 2011
Rangers have confirmed they have lodged an offer with Aston Villa as they step up their bid to take Carlos Cuellar back to Ibrox.
But owner Craig Whyte has told new Villa boss Alex McLeish that goalkeeper Allan McGregor is not for sale.
McLeish has already been linked with a move for the Scotland number one but the sale of McGregor appears unlikely to be used as part of a deal to bring defender Cuellar to Glasgow.
Whyte said: "I've said that Allan is not for sale. We have not been approached by anybody about him.
"We've made a bid for Cuellar but, with their managerial change, it has slowed there a bit."
Meanwhile, Whyte believes a £2million asking price for Dundee United striker David Goodwillie is too much but refused to rule out further dialogue with the Tannadice club.
He added: "I think, for that individual player, £2million is too steep.
"But I am sure there are more conversations to be had with Dundee United.
"That price is too high in my opinion but others might have a different view."
The magicians using online collaboration to push the boundaries
Jennifer Lawrence attacks mass media again over body image
Paris charity auction staged to save the ancient city of Tyre
scienceScientists find the answer to a question that even puzzled Darwin
A very timely Great Train Robbery and a frantic 24 Hours in A&E among the highlights
Latest in Sport
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber announces he's 'retiring from music'
- 4 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
- 5 Status: Wet - Woman walks off a pier while checking Facebook on her phone