SPL bullish over new structure
Tuesday 18 January 2011
Scottish football faces major changes with an SPL statement released yesterday announcing that there was "broad support" for restructuring proposals.
The suggested changes would result in a 10-team Premiership and 12-team Championship at the top of a pyramid for the domestic game in Scotland.
The plans have met with a mixed reaction, however, with Dundee, Kilmarnock and Inverness all expressing opposition and a poll by fans' trust Supporters Direct showing 90 per cent of fans are against the proposals in their current form.
Latest in Sport
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Axe wielding man shot dead after attacking four New York policemen on busy street
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
Poppy Appeal 2014: This is why I won't be wearing a red poppy this year