'Tainted title' tag criticised
Saturday 07 April 2012
Celtic's first-team coach, Alan Thompson, will hear no talk of a tainted title win this season.
The Hoops need a point against Kilmarnock at Rugby Park today to wrap up the Premier League championship for the first time in four years. Celtic were 15 points behind Rangers in November, but they had overtaken their Old Firm rivals by the time Rangers were deducted 10 points in February, for entering administration.
Thompson said: "All this talk of tainted titles from pundits writing this and that is an absolute nonsense. To turn around 15 points – regardless of Rangers' 10-point deduction – means massive credit has to go to our players."
Latest in Sport
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke