AC Milan confirm Alberto Aquilani loan deal
Friday 26 August 2011
AC Milan have confirmed that Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani has joined the club on loan until next summer, with an option to extend his stay until June 2014.
The Rossoneri can make Aquilani's move permanent if the Italy international makes at least 25 appearances for them this season.
A statement from AC Milan read: "AC Milan announces it has acquired Alberto Aquilani on loan with an option to buy the player's rights from Liverpool.
"Aquilani has signed a contract until June 30, 2014."
The 27-year-old spent last season on loan at Juventus before returning to Anfield earlier this summer.
Milan had been looking to reinforce their midfield line following the departure of veteran Andrea Pirlo to Juventus earlier this summer.
NFL fans were so loud during a match that their celebrations registered as a minor earthquake
Tyre firm aimed to show how their tyres would perform in ‘unexpected’ conditions
Latest in Sport
Arsenal v Hull: Arsene Wenger ignores the sceptics and tells Gunners to seize Premier League title chance
Jose Mourinho believes Manchester City, not Arsenal, offer greatest challenge to Chelsea title hopes
Premier League: Arsenal beware - this is the tightest season in 11 years
Manchester United v Everton: David Moyes keeps lid on emotions ahead of Everton's visit to Old Trafford
Arsenal v Hull: Bacary Sagna ruled out with hamstring injury while Arsene Wenger denies Alvaro Morata agreement
- 1 John Williams' Stoner wins Waterstones Book of the Year
- 2 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do