AC Milan are in no hurry to complete the signing of Manchester City forward Carlos Tevez.
The Rossoneri claim they reached an agreement with the out-of-favour Argentina international earlier this month, but have yet to agree terms with his parent club.
Vice-president Adriano Galliani said last week that Milan had made an offer to City to acquire Tevez on loan in January, with an option to make that move permanent in the summer.
City are reluctant to let Tevez go on loan, but Galliani is still hoping a deal can go ahead, especially as his side are without the services of the unwell Antonio Cassano.
"Tevez is our first choice," he told www.milannews.it.
"We know we have the player's agreement, but we hope he will not agree with other clubs.
"There is a deadline of 18:59 on January 31 to complete his transfer.
"Everyone knows what Milan's position is and he will arrive only due to (Antonio) Cassano's problem."
Milan are looking to reinforce their attack with Italy international Cassano sidelined indefinitely after undergoing a heart procedure last month.
Reports in Italy claim Milan are ready to offer Alexandre Pato or Robinho to City as part of a swap deal that would see Tevez join the Italian champions.
However, Galliani ruled out that possibility.
"I reiterate that Pato and Robinho will not leave the club," he said.
Tevez is set to leave the Blues in the new year after his latest fallout with the club.
The 27-year-old, who is also a reported target for Juventus and former club Corinthians, returned to his homeland last month without City's permission and is yet to report back to training.