AC Milan say any new arrivals will be on loan
Monday 28 November 2011
AC Milan could bring a leading player to the club during the winter transfer window - but only on loan.
The Rossoneri have been linked with Manchester City outcast Carlos Tevez and vice-president Adriano Galliani told Gazzetta dello Sport: "Whoever comes to Milan in January will be on loan for free, with an option to make that stay permanent.
"Tevez? We will see, there's time. Probably if we had not had (Antonio) Cassano's situation, we would remain as we are."
Milan are looking to reinforce their attacking line with Italy striker Cassano ruled out indefinitely after undergoing a heart procedure earlier this month.
Tevez's advisor Kia Joorabchian held talks with AC Milan in Italy last week, but City are understood to only be interested in a direct sale, not a loan, and then only if the price suits them.
Latest in Sport
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?