Arsenal cut losses on Gervinho after Roma clinch £7m deal
Thursday 08 August 2013
Arsenal confirmed the sale of Ivory Coast forward Gervinho to Roma, for a fee reported to be in the region of £7m.
The 26-year-old found first-team games hard to come by last season and was limited to mostly substitute appearances. Manager Arsène Wenger signed Gervinho from Lille for £10.5m in July 2011 but he was only able to find the back of the net on four occasions in his first campaign at the Emirates Stadium, and added seven last season.
Gervinho has been capped 45 times by the Ivory Coast and represented them at this year's African Cup of Nations.
Roma finished sixth in Serie A last season but have had a busy summer in the transfer market, with Gervinho the 13th addition to Rudi Garcia's squad.
New essay by JK Rowling went live on Pottermore site on Friday
New UK station Russia Today gives a very bizarre view of Britain
Latest in Sport
Alexi Sanchez: Streetwise Arsenal forward is the real deal, says Arsene Wenger
Angel Di Maria: In Argentina if you lost a derby you would hide for weeks, says the Manchester United winger
Arsenal vs Burnley: Jack Wilshere ruled out with knee injury as Arsene Wenger reveals further injury concerns with just three fit defenders
Tim Sherwood column: Southampton are succeeding because they have an identity
Enner Valencia interview: The striker takes whirlwind way to West Ham
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Woman blinded as a child can see again after hitting her head on a coffee table
- 4 Paul Hollywood: Police asked if I wanted them to arrest Mary Berry for vandalism after she 'defaced' my car
- 5 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything