Arsenal transfer news: Chief executive Ivan Gazidis confirms Gunners are working on more high-profile transfers
Arsenal looking to add to signing of Alexis Sanchez
Friday 11 July 2014
The arrival of Alexis Sanchez at the Emirates has already ensured this has been a good week for Arsenal fans, but they have now received an extra boost after chief executive Ivan Gazidis announced the club are working on more tranfers.
Sanchez's £30m move from Barcelona was more transfer action in a summer than most Arsenal fans are used to, but Gazidis confirmed during a brief appearance at the club's kit launch yesterday, that the spending is set to continue.
The 49-year-old told supporters that more deals are set to be completed in the coming weeks.
"We’ve pulled off a good one with Alexis Sanchez, but there’s more work to be done," he told Arsenal Fan TV.
"I’m not going to talk about it until it’s done. I’ve got to get back, we’ve got more work to do."
Arsenal are reportedly in the market for midfielder Sami Khedira and striker Loic Remy.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Poppy Appeal 2014: This is why I won't be wearing a red poppy this year