Aston Villa: Potential January transfer targets
Thursday 12 January 2012
Languishing in mid-table and looking over the shoulders at the relegation zone, it's clear that Alex McLeish's side could do with some investment over the next month.
Their defence would benefit from some reinforcement but the area most in need of improvement is midfield. Creative outlets Ashley Young and Stewart Downing both left the club last summer and have been sorely missed, and creating chances and scoring goals have been a big problem for Villa this season.
Here, we round-up the players who have been linked with a possible move to Aston Villa.
Latest in Sport
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'