Atletico sign Porto's £35m Falcao to plug Aguero gap
Friday 19 August 2011
Atletico Madrid have agreed to sign striker Radamel Falcao from Porto for £35m. The deal, subject to a medical and the agreement of personal terms, could rise to £40m.
The Colombian, 25, scored 38 goals last season to help his team claim a league, cup and Europa League treble.
Falcao has scored 73 goals in 84 games since joining in 2009 from Argentina's River Plate for just £5m. Last week Atletico sold striker Sergio Aguero to Manchester City for £38m.
Latest in Sport
New day (slowly) rising – As Brasileirão gets underway, Brazilian football stumbles, rather than leaps into the future
The average Serie A crowd last year was 13,000 - comparable to Australia’s A-League.
by James Young
24 May 2013 04:31 PM
Monaco is a street circuit where driver ability is more important than anywhere else and if we take ...
by Gareth Purnell
24 May 2013 02:00 AM
Three weeks ago as I drove off the Eurostar, I remember thinking what a very long time it was until ...
by Martin Ayres
23 May 2013 05:29 PM
- 1 What, let gays get married? We must be bonkers
- 2 Rocky Horror star Tim Curry 'suffers major stroke'
- 3 Exclusive: How MI5 blackmails British Muslims
- 4 EDL marches on Newcastle as attacks on Muslims increase tenfold in the wake of Woolwich machete attack which killed Drummer Lee Rigby
- 5 Farewell, Shameless. Your heirs have work to do
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.