Beckham signing for Paris St-Germain 'premature'
David Beckham's spokesman last night denied reports that the 36-year-old had agreed a deal to join Paris St-Germain on an 18-month deal, claiming that the player was yet to make up his mind.
The French newspaper Le Parisien reports today that Beckham has a agreed a €800,000 (£670,000) a month contract to play for PSG, who have become one of the richest clubs in the world since being taken over by the Qatari royal family. Beckham was in Paris over the weekend with his family. His spokesman said: "There has been no agreement reached with any club. Any talk of a deal is premature. David is yet to make a decision."
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
Latest in Sport
Roy Keane omits Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs from 'greatest' Manchester United team
Ashes 2013-14 comment: England need to learn from Australia and master art of avoiding 'the creep'
Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira relive rivalry - after the former Manchester United and Arsenal captains shared ice cream in Warsaw
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Alastair Cook future in jeopardy after another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent