Beckham signing for Paris St-Germain 'premature'
David Beckham's spokesman last night denied reports that the 36-year-old had agreed a deal to join Paris St-Germain on an 18-month deal, claiming that the player was yet to make up his mind.
The French newspaper Le Parisien reports today that Beckham has a agreed a €800,000 (£670,000) a month contract to play for PSG, who have become one of the richest clubs in the world since being taken over by the Qatari royal family. Beckham was in Paris over the weekend with his family. His spokesman said: "There has been no agreement reached with any club. Any talk of a deal is premature. David is yet to make a decision."
Latest in Sport
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women