Blackburn confirm Grella arrival
Wednesday 27 August 2008
Australia international Vince Grella has joined Blackburn on a four-year contract, becoming manager Paul Ince's fifth signing.
The 28-year-old joins Rovers - and Socceroos team-mate Brett Emerton - for an undisclosed fee from Italian side Torino after the deal was confirmed by Blackburn's official website, www.rovers.co.uk.
The midfielder, who had been linked to Fulham earlier this summer, joins goalkeeper Paul Robinson, Julio Santa Cruz and loan pair Danny Simpson and Carlos Villanueva in arriving at Ewood Park since Ince's arrival.
Latest in Sport
Cristiano Ronaldo pays €60,000 for brain operation for 10-month-old boy
Bayern Munich 1 Arsenal 1 match report: Lukas Podolski goal fails to inspire comeback at the Allianz Arena as Gunners are knocked out of Champions League
Michael Schumacher 'experience' gives F1 legend chance to 'show his character', says Lewis Hamilton
The 10 funniest football chants revealed, with poll naming West Ham supporters as 'wittiest in the country'
Barcelona 2 Manchester City 1 match report: Lionel Messi and Dani Alves on target as Pablo Zabaleta sees red and City exit Champions League
- 1 Hells of residence: Inside Macedonia's horrifying student accommodation - where the walls are green and the food is black
- 2 Michael Schumacher 'experience' gives F1 legend chance to 'show his character', says Lewis Hamilton
- 3 Girl found in the Amazon rainforest with neighbour Grover Morales after going missing for 7 months
- 4 Rampaging elephant smashes up house but then 'saves crying baby trapped under debris'
- 5 Disney's Frozen is 'very evil' gay propaganda, says Christian pastor
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
Fracking is turning the US into a bigger oil producer than Saudi Arabia
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home