Blackburn sign French midfielder Goulon
Friday 22 October 2010
Blackburn have completed the signing of French midfielder Herold Goulon on an initial two-year contract.
The 22-year-old, whose deal also includes an option for a further season, has been a free agent since leaving Le Mans this summer and had been on trial at Ewood Park since late September.
He had previously been signed by Middlesbrough as a teenager, but was released without playing a first-team game.
Goulon told Rovers' official website: "My first game at Middlesbrough I was 18 years old, so I wasn't really mature and wasn't working as hard as I should. Now I'm 22 years old so I do understand what I have to do to be on the pitch every week.
"I always wanted to come back to England because I think this is the best league in Europe, in the world. It was, I won't say a dream but it was a target to come back here and stay here - it's going to be for good, I know."
Latest in Sport
- 1 If you weren't afraid of flying before last week... you probably are now
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 4 Lauren Goodger calls for tougher laws on revenge porn after sex tape leaks online
- 5 Iraq crisis: End 'very near' for Christianity after Isis takeover, says Bishop
Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia