Bougherra set for Qatar switch
Saturday 06 August 2011
Ally McCoist, the Rangers manager, has confirmed a fee has been agreed with Qatar side Lekhwiya for centre-half Madjid Bougherra.
The Scottish champions have accepted an offer of £1.7m for the Algerian defender and his exit appears imminent.
McCoist said: "There are just bits and pieces to be tied up. I think that deal is about done. He won't play [in today's friendly at Ibrox] against Chelsea."
Rangers completed the signing of Kyle Bartley on a second loan spell from Arsenal on Thursday. McCoist revealed that fresh bids were submitted for defender Roland Juhasz at Anderlecht and ADO Den Haag winger Wesley Verhoek. He said: "There is a bid in for Verhoek which went in on Tuesday or Wednesday, as there is for Juhasz. We've not heard from either club yet."
Latest in Sport
How Manchester United manager David Moyes must wish for some of Manuel Pellegrini’s problems
World Cup 2014 draw: Greg Dyke makes 'cut throat' gesture after England are drawn in 'Group of Death'
World Cup 2014: Your guide to Group A - Brazil; Croatia; Mexico; Cameroon
World Cup draw 2014: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Arsenal vs Everton: Let loan players take on their parent clubs, says Arsène Wenger
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail