Carlos Tevez may stay at Manchester City says Kia Joorabchian
Friday 27 January 2012
Carlos Tevez could stay at Manchester City until the end of the season, his advisor Kia Joorabchian has said.
The Argentinian is hoping to secure a move away from the club before the closure of this month's transfer window.
The 27-year-old's representatives have held talks with AC Milan, Inter Milan and Paris St Germain but no transfer has yet materialised.
City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said earlier this week that the club would not sell the player below their valuation, believed to be around £25million.
Joorabchian told talkSPORT: "We've been in negotiations with three big clubs but I don't think they have reached the figures Manchester City want.
"Carlos will remain at Man City until the summer. They [City] would like to move him on but only at a certain price."
Tevez has not played for City since September and has been in Argentina without the club's permission since November.
AC Milan had seemed the player's most likely suitors but the Italian champions have been unable to come up with an offer to suit City.
Joorabchian says a deal may now have to wait until the end of the season.
He said: "This summer will open up a lot of markets. All of the big clubs are looking for players who can play in the Champions League.
"Carlos Tevez is cup-tied and that creates a big obstacle. You're spending a lot of money on the transfer and the salary and he can't play Champions League.
"You have three-and-a-half months and then you can restructure your team, and buy Carlos, in the summer."
PSG and Inter appear to have withdrawn their interest but Joorabchian has stated that options, particularly with the French club, have not been ruled out.
He said: "PSG want to build a long-term project and I think Carlos is six months too early for them. But there is a big chance he will go there in the summer."
PSG's new coach Carlo Ancelotti said today there was no chance of Tevez moving to the French capital before next week's transfer deadline.
Ancelotti, in press conference comments reported on the club's website www.psg.fr, said: "The player is a striker that we liked but there is ultimately no agreement.
"We respect the choice of each and PSG is a club that interests Tevez, but it will not be this winter."
AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani yesterday said his club would make a decision today on whether to pursue their interest in Tevez.
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Latest in Sport
Luis Suarez: Lionel Messi is better than Cristiano Ronaldo
Indian footballer Peter Biaksangzuala dies from spine injury after doing somersault celebration
Arsenal vs Hull: Gary Lineker and Piers Morgan lead criticism of Arsene Wenger after 'uncomfortable' interview with Jacqui Oatley
Angel Di Maria injury: Manchester United sweat over fitness of record signing as he is in danger of missing Chelsea clash
West Brom vs Manchester United player ratings: Saido Berahino scores highest, whilst Marcos Rojo scores lowest
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
Lord Freud hangs on as MPs of all parties 'call for his head' over disability comments