Chelsea and Manchester City 'target' Marek Hamsik commits to Napoli
Wednesday 09 May 2012
Marek Hamsik insists he is not leaving Napoli this summer.
The Slovakian playmaker is a reported target of Chelsea, Manchester City and Paris St Germain, but the 24-year-old has reiterated he is going nowhere.
Hamsik is under contract with Napoli until June 2016.
"My desire is to remain and win with the Napoli jersey," Hamsik said to Italian newspaper Il Mattino.
Reports in Italy claimed Hamsik, who has scored nine goals in 36 league appearances for Napoli, could leave the San Paolo stadium this summer if his club fail to qualify for the Champions League next season.
Napoli are three points behind Udinese, who hold the last Champions League qualifying spot heading into the final weekend in Serie A.
The Naples outfit must beat Siena and hope Udinese lose and Lazio fail to win their respective games in order to finish in the vital third position.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Greece debt crisis explained: A history of just how the country landed itself in such a mess
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Greek debt crisis: Yanis Varoufakis's funniest (and most memorable) quotes
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts