Chelsea: Potential January transfer targets
Friday 13 January 2012
Chelsea are in a fight with Arsenal and Liverpool for the final Champions League place having struggled throughout the first half of the season.
Goals have been a problem for Andre Villas-Boas' side and he may be keen to add firepower up-front in the January transfer window. Nicolas Anelka has swapped London for Shanghai and Didier Drogba has also been linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge as well, leaving just the in-form Daniel Sturridge and the struggling Fernando Torres as first-team strikers.
Defensive problems could also see Roman Abramovich open his wallet with questions raised about David Luiz's positioning and Alex's future at the club.
Here, we profile which players Chelsea are being linked with in this January window.
Latest in Sport
Angel Di Maria reveals wish to return to Argentina - but don't worry Manchester United fans...
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Husain Abdullah penalised after celebrating a touchdown with a Muslim prayer - causing mass outrage among fans
Robin van Persie reveals Louis van Gaal wants Manchester United to 'be more Dutch and pull on the same rope'
Manchester United risk Uefa row over plan to play lucrative midweek friendlies
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 Isis an hour away from Baghdad - with no sign of Iraq army being able to make a successful counter-attack
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month