Chelsea: Potential January transfer targets
Friday 13 January 2012
Chelsea are in a fight with Arsenal and Liverpool for the final Champions League place having struggled throughout the first half of the season.
Goals have been a problem for Andre Villas-Boas' side and he may be keen to add firepower up-front in the January transfer window. Nicolas Anelka has swapped London for Shanghai and Didier Drogba has also been linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge as well, leaving just the in-form Daniel Sturridge and the struggling Fernando Torres as first-team strikers.
Defensive problems could also see Roman Abramovich open his wallet with questions raised about David Luiz's positioning and Alex's future at the club.
Here, we profile which players Chelsea are being linked with in this January window.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Amazonian Indian tribe filmed making contact with Brazil village in rare video footage
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc