Demba Ba joins Besiktas: Chelsea striker leaves for Turkish side
Ba has been at Chelsea since January 2011
Wednesday 16 July 2014
Demba Ba has left Chelsea to join Turkish side Besiktas, the player has confirmed.
The striker, who joined Chelsea from Newcastle United for £7m in January 2013, is expected to take the No 9 shirt for the top-flight Turkish side, although they have yet to confirm the deal.
The 29-year-old Senegalese international will leave Stamford Bridge after falling further down the pecking order behind Fernando Torres and new £32m signing Diego Costa.
He scored 14 goals in 51 appearances for the west London side.
Meanwhile, Chelsea confirmed that they have agreed to sign Atletico Madrid left-back Filipe Luis today.
Ben Geldim! @BesiktasDemba Ba (@dembabafoot) July 16, 2014
Latest in Sport
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain