Demba Ba joins Besiktas: Chelsea striker leaves for Turkish side
Ba has been at Chelsea since January 2011
Demba Ba has left Chelsea to join Turkish side Besiktas, the player has confirmed.
The striker, who joined Chelsea from Newcastle United for £7m in January 2013, is expected to take the No 9 shirt for the top-flight Turkish side, although they have yet to confirm the deal.
The 29-year-old Senegalese international will leave Stamford Bridge after falling further down the pecking order behind Fernando Torres and new £32m signing Diego Costa.
He scored 14 goals in 51 appearances for the west London side.
Meanwhile, Chelsea confirmed that they have agreed to sign Atletico Madrid left-back Filipe Luis today.
Ben Geldim! @BesiktasDemba Ba (@dembabafoot) July 16, 2014
Latest in Sport
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Is this bridge haunted by the ghost of nu rave?
- 3 Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers