Dimitar Berbatov resigned to Manchester United exit
Monday 21 May 2012
Striker Dimitar Berbatov is resigned to leaving Manchester United.
The 31-year-old has had limited first-team opportunities over the last couple of seasons, and claims manager Sir Alex Ferguson did not make good on promises to give him more chances.
He told The Sun: "We talked 10 times, he told me there would be a place for me but I stayed on the bench.
"My time at Manchester United is running out. I no longer feel like a valuable part of this team.
"I think I did well in the few opportunities that I received.
"I am a little frustrated by the way this happened, I do not think I deserved it.
"But I have dignity and I stopped going to such meetings, it is clear that I'm leaving United. It's obvious that I have to leave.
"I'm looking for a new place now. I know I can still play at the highest level."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer provokes moral outrage from US parenting groups
- 4 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
John Barrowman praised for Commonwealth Games opening ceremony gay kiss