Divock Origi to Liverpool: Belgium striker on verge of £9.8m transfer
The 19-year-old has impressed at the World Cup with his appearances from the bench
Divock Origi is on the brink of a £9.8m move to Liverpool, with manager Brendan Rodgers ready to loan the 19-year-old back to his club Lille, allowing him to build up more experience.
Liverpool, who are already on the verge of signing England forward Adam Lallana from Southampton for £25m, are also linked with Benfica’s Serbian midfielder Lazar Markovic.
Somewhat of an unknown quantity on the international stage coming into the World Cup, Origi has played a major role for Belgium alongside their better known stars.
The forward came off the bench against Russia to score the only goal of the game and deliver his nation a valuable three points on their way to progression from the group stage.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 2 Greggs Google fail: bakery falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
- 3 Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict