Emmanuel Adebayor passes medical at Real Madrid
Wednesday 26 January 2011
Emmanuel Adebayor has been hailed as a "physical marvel" after passing his medical ahead of a loan move to Real Madrid.
The Manchester City striker is in the Spanish capital to complete a move for the rest of the season.
After undertaking tests on the Togo striker this afternoon, Real Madrid's chief of medical services Carlos Diez told the club's website: "He is a physical marvel. He is in very good physical condition and will be able to immediately be incorporated into the team."
Madrid will sign Adebayor on loan with an option to buy the 26-year-old in the summer.
Adebayor is needed at the Bernabeu as Gonzalo Higuain is injured, leaving only the inconsistent Karim Benzema to lead the attack.
He was initially a massive hit at City following his £25million move north from Arsenal 18 months ago, scoring in his first four games, but his star faded after Roberto Mancini replaced Mark Hughes as manager.
Latest in Sport
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God