Fulham seal deal for Russian international Pavel Pogrebnyak
Tuesday 31 January 2012
Fulham have completed the signing of Stuttgart striker Pavel Pogrebnyak on a six-month contract, the Barclays Premier League club have announced.
Martin Jol has been after a striker throughout the January transfer window and has now secured the signing of the Russia international.
Press Association Sport revealed Fulham's interest last night and Pogrebnyak has penned an initial deal until the end of the season at Craven Cottage.
The 28-year-old started his career at his hometown club Spartak Moscow, spending loan spells with Baltika Kaliningrad, Khimki & Shinnik Yaroslavl.
Pogrebnyak then moved to Tom Tomsk, before joining Zenit St Petersburg and then Bundesliga club Stuttgart.
The striker is full international and has eight goals in 30 appearances for Russia.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Katie Hopkins reported to the police for race hatred by Labour MP Simon Danczuk after tweet about Pakistani men