Fulham see bid for Catania striker Maxi Lopez rejected
Friday 13 January 2012
Catania have rejected an offer for star striker Maxi Lopez from Fulham after it was deemed unacceptable.
The Argentina striker has been linked with a move away from Sicily during the January transfer window.
Several clubs, including AC Milan, are interested in Lopez, but Catania have rejected the only firm bid for the striker from Fulham.
"We didn't accept Fulham's offer for Maxi Lopez because the English club wanted to get the player without spending one euro," Catania club administrator Pietro Lo Monaco told www.tuttomercatoweb.it.
"We will not loan him. Maxi has an important value."
Milan are set to renew their interest in the 27-year-old, with the Rossoneri unlikely to land Manchester City forward Carlos Tevez.
Milan confirmed last month they were keen on Lopez but their top target in the winter transfer market was Tevez.
The Italian champions pulled out of negotiations for Tevez yesterday. Milan want to strengthen their attacking line with Antonio Cassano sidelined indefinitely after undergoing a heart procedure last year.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Latest in Sport
Comment: David Moyes paying the price of Manchester United's virtual abstinence from top-level transfers since 2006. Can he refire their ambition?
Transfer news: Manchester United will not be forced into panic buys, says David Moyes
Gerard Deulofeu - Why Barcelona chose Everton to educate their latest prodigy
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Alastair Cook future in jeopardy after another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent