Gueye has Blackburn trial
Tuesday 20 January 2009
Metz are awaiting news from Blackburn after striker Babacar Gueye joined Rovers for a trial, according to the French club's sporting director Joel Muller.
Muller claimed the 22-year-old Senegal striker, who has scored only one goal in the French second division this season, has been given a chance to impress Sam Allardyce with a view to a possible move.
"I can tell you that Blackburn are interested in Gueye," he told setanta.com.
"For the moment, the player is spending a couple of days at the club and we are waiting for an offer in midweek."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Unbeliebable: The White House offer 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 How We Met: Alison Moyet & Emma Kennedy: 'I knew we'd be friends because she was happy to make a prat of herself'
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave