Hughes interested in Kakuta loan deal
Saturday 22 January 2011
The Fulham manager, Mark Hughes, is hoping to tie up a loan deal for the Chelsea midfielder Gaël Kakuta.
The 19-year-old has yet to break into the Blues first team on a regular basis, and could be tempted by a temporary move to his London neighbours.
"He's a player I know and I like the qualities he has," Hughes said of the France under-20 international, who has made just five starts in two and a half seasons at Stamford Bridge. "We are having lots of conversations about players, but at the moment we don't know if any will go through.
"There is a lot of interest out there, whether we can conclude the deals only time will tell."
Latest in Sport
World Cup 2014 draw: Greg Dyke makes 'cut throat' gesture after England are drawn in 'Group of Death'
Ashes 2013-14: Mitchell Johnson is proving England are spent force
Ashes 2013-14: England's batsmen have got 'no bottle' says Geoffrey Boycott
World Cup draw 2014: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Manchester United 0 Newcastle United 1 match report: David Moyes powerless to prevent dismal defeat
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail