Hull City sign Robert Snodgrass: Scotland international joins from Norwich
The winger join in a £7m deal
Monday 30 June 2014
Hull have signed Scotland international Robert Snodgrass from Norwich.
The clubs agreed a fee for the 26-year-old on Thursday, understood to be a one-off payment of £7million, and personal terms have now been settled on the winger's switch to the KC Stadium.
It is the second major signing of the close season for the Tigers, who last week bought former loanee Jake Livermore from Tottenham for a club record fee rising to £8million.
Like Livermore, Snodgrass fits manager Steve Bruce's preferred profile of players with Premier League experience, a model he enjoyed success in Hull's first season back in the top flight.
Snodgrass had a year left on his contract at Carrow Road but was eager to avoid dropping down a division following last season's relegation.
Sunderland and Stoke had been linked with a move for the player, but are thought to have been put off by a price tag Hull were willing to meet.
He made 34 appearances in 2013-14, scoring seven times.
Latest in Sport
Manchester United's best XI of the season so far: No place for Angel Di Maria or Juan Mata
Hector Bellerin opens up on switch from Barcelona to Arsenal
WrestleMania 31 results: Seth Rollins stuns WWE as he cashes in Money in the Bank contract to claim title from Brock Lesnar
WrestleMania 31: What time does it start? Full match card and preview ahead of WWE event
WrestleMania 31: Undertaker begins a new streak after tombstoning Bray Wyatt
- 1 Germanwings plane crash: Video shows co-pilot Andreas Lubitz learning to fly as a teenager
- 2 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 3 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 4 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain
- 5 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew