Ibrahimovic and Maicon could leave admit Inter
Monday 22 June 2009
Internazionale president Massimo Moratti has sparked a transfer scramble among major European clubs after admitting that star duo Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Maicon could be sold.
Sweden striker Ibrahimovic has been linked with a summer move to Manchester United, Chelsea, Manchester City and Barcelona after recently suggesting he was unsettled in Italy.
The £30m-rated hitman was the 25-goal leading scorer in Serie A last season with his goals helping Inter secure a fourth straight league title.
Meanwhile, Chelsea are reported to be on the trail of Brazilian full-back Maicon.
"As a fan, of course I want to see them stay but as the president, with the book balances to keep in mind, I have to say that if they wish to go, then they can go," said Moratti, who has previously pledged to keep hold of the star duo.
Elsewhere, Aly Cissokho's agent still believes a deal to take the defender from FC Porto to AC Milan can be struck.
The Rossoneri cancelled the proposed transfer of the 21-year-old full-back last week after a medical showed up a major dental problem.
However, agent Roger Boli is refusing to concede that Cissokho will not be playing in Serie A for Milan next season.
"It is ongoing but I'm pretty confident," he said.
"The hardest thing was that the two clubs reach an agreement on the transfer fee."
Lazio president Claudio Lotito insists he is not interested in signing the veteran former Czech Republic international Pavel Nedved.
Reports in the Italian media had suggested that the 36-year-old's representative, Mino Raiola, had held talks with Lotito, but Lazio's president says there is no foundation to the rumours.
He said: "No, I have not had formal contacts with Nedved's representative.
"I am now focusing on other deals, based on the indications of my director of sport and coach."
Nedved, whose Juventus contract expires next week, announced his decision to retire from the game in February only to change his mind.
Meanwhile, Bologna have confirmed the permanent signing of striker Marco Di Vaio from Serie A rivals Genoa.
The 33-year-old scored 24 goals in 38 league appearances for Bologna last season, helping them escape the threat of relegation.
Latest in Sport
Pornhub: Cheeky Liverpool fan uploads Philippe Coutinho wonder-goal video to adult website
Diego Costa keeps coin thrown at him during Capital One Cup final
Lukas Podolski corner: Has the Arsenal forward taken the worst corner of all time?
Ireland 19 England 9 player ratings: Jonathan Sexton? Devin Toner? Alex Goode? Who was the star man in Dublin?
Eden Hazard didn't like the champagne on offer in the Chelsea dressing room
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 Spiritual leader allegedly manipulated 400 men into removing testicles to be 'closer to God'
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut