If only... the transfer deals that failed to materialise
Thursday 02 July 2009
Maybe in years to come Manchester United fans will look at their missing out on Karim Benzema with a wistful sigh.
Click the image on the right to launch our guide.
Ditto, Manchester City fans could regard their missing out on Kaka as the moment they should have had.
But which are the nearly-transfers which will always induce a sigh and a long stare into the middle distance? Here's our run down of the 'if only' transfers.
Latest in Sport
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 3 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
- 4 Why you're almost certainly more like your father than your mother
- 5 Westboro Baptist Church couldn't picket Leonard Nimoy's funeral because they didn't know where it was
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Nigel Farage promises Ukip will not 'stigmatise' would-be migrants – and says he wants 'everyone to speak the same language'
Ex-head of MI6: 'We shouldn't kid ourselves that Russia is on a path to democracy'
Most people think legal tax avoidance is just as wrong as illegal tax evasion, poll suggests