Jan Vertonghen latest: Tottenham 'will not' be selling Belgian defender this summer - reports
Classy defender is a reported target of Barcelona
Tottenham Hotspur will not sell Jan Vertonghen this summer, according to reports.
The Belgian defender, 24, is a reported target of Barcelona and his agent Mustapha Nakhli set the rumour mill running when he said "several teams" were interested in the centre-back.
However, according to Sky Sports, Tottenham are yet to receive an offer from Barca or any other club so far this summer and are unconcerned by Nakhli's comments.
Speaking to Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad on Sunday, he said: "Several teams are interested in Jan. I cannot confirm or deny whether Barcelona are one of them.
"Tottenham is not a small club. It’s too soon to give them an answer. We'll have to see"
Vertonghen still has two years to run on his deal at White Hart Lane, where he has grown to become one of the best defenders in the Premier League.
Speaking back in February, Vertonghen hinted he may leave Spurs if they failed to qualify for the Champions League.
He said: "Do I have a decision to make if we don't [get into the Champions League]? I can't say anything about that. Let's see after the end of the season, after the World Cup."
Latest in Sport
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut