Jonathan de Guzman to stay a loan Swan
Sunday 30 June 2013
Swansea have re-signed Jonathan de Guzman on loan for next season. The Dutch international spent last season on loan at the Liberty Stadium and the club's chairman, Huw Jenkins, has confirmed that the midfielder will remain with the Swans after agreement with Villarreal.
"Everyone is happy the loan is continuing," Jenkins said. The 25-year-old played in 44 matches for Michael Laudrup's side last season and scored twice in the Capital One Cup final victory over Bradford.
"I had a great year," De Guzman said. "It's refreshing playing in a team that has a good football mind."
Latest in Sport
WrestleMania 31: John Cena aims to bring the United States Championship home in rematch with Rusev
WrestleMania 31: What time does it start? Full match card and preview ahead of WWE event
Cricket World Cup 2015 - Nick Knight column: It was all over the moment the cup’s best bowler bowled the best batsman
Sting vs Triple H: NWO, DX and Shawn Michaels return at Wrestlemania 31 as The Game triumphs in flashback to Monday Night Wars
Thierry Henry shows he's still got it with incredible pass against Jamie Carragher's side during Steven Gerrard tribute match
- 1 Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Germanwings plane crash: I have depression. That doesn't make me a psychopath
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 The Gaza fisherman who built his own reef - and was shot dead there by an Israeli gunboat
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew