Leeds accept Howson bid from Canaries
Thursday 19 January 2012
Norwich City will open contract talks with Jonny Howson after Leeds "reluctantly" accepted an undisclosed offer for the 23-year-old midfielder, who is out of contract in the summer.
Howson, currently injured, has made 225 appearances for the Elland Road club but discussions over a new deal broke down as he expressed his immediate desire to play in the Premier League.
A Leeds statement added: "We have reluctantly accepted the offer as the player only has six months left on his contract."
Latest in Sport
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget