Liverpool move for Doni, claims agent
Liverpool are in talks with Roma to sign Brazilian goalkeeper Alexander Doni, according to the players agent.
Doni, who is under contract with the Serie A club for a further season, has been strongly linked with a move away from the Eternal City this summer.
"I spoke to the club (Roma) yesterday and they confirmed they are holding talks with Liverpool to reach an agreement regarding the transfer of Doni," Doni4s agent Ovidio Colucci told Press Association Sport.
"Once an agreement is reached betwen the two clubs, we will begin negotiating personal terms with Liverpool.
"Doni would be very happy to join Liverpool and play in the Premier League."
The 31-year-old joined Roma in 2005 from Brazilian side Juventude.
The South American has been an understudy to Julio Sergio in recent seasons, and made 16 league appearances for Roma this term.
Latest in Sport
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'