Liverpool transfer news: Reds interested in USA right back DeAndre Yedlin after he impressed in Brazil
The 20-year-old could have a trial during pre-season tour of the US
Saturday 05 July 2014
Liverpool are reportedly interested in USA right back DeAndre Yedlin after he impressed for Jurgen Klinsmann's team in the World Cup.
The 20-year-old plays for the Seattle Sounders and was excellent for the impressive Americans, providing an assist against Portgual and performing well in the last-16 tie against Belgium.
According to the Metro, Liverpool scouts have been following Yedlin since the Under-20 World Cup in 2013 and could offer him a trial during their pre-season tour of the US.
Brendan Rodgers has been looking at a number of defensive options, especially with left back a trouble position last season.
Yedlin, has just seven caps for the USA and has played less than 50 games in the MLS.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'