Liverpool transfer news: Reds interested in USA right back DeAndre Yedlin after he impressed in Brazil
The 20-year-old could have a trial during pre-season tour of the US
Saturday 05 July 2014
Liverpool are reportedly interested in USA right back DeAndre Yedlin after he impressed for Jurgen Klinsmann's team in the World Cup.
The 20-year-old plays for the Seattle Sounders and was excellent for the impressive Americans, providing an assist against Portgual and performing well in the last-16 tie against Belgium.
According to the Metro, Liverpool scouts have been following Yedlin since the Under-20 World Cup in 2013 and could offer him a trial during their pre-season tour of the US.
Brendan Rodgers has been looking at a number of defensive options, especially with left back a trouble position last season.
Yedlin, has just seven caps for the USA and has played less than 50 games in the MLS.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Amazonian Indian tribe filmed making contact with Brazil village in rare video footage
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc