Louis Saha 'would consider' Sunderland transfer
Wednesday 20 June 2012
Louis Saha could be set for a move to Sunderland
With Nicklas Bendtner’s loan spell coming to an end, Black Cats manager Martin O’Neill has made no secret about his search for a striker.
Saha is a free agent now that his contract with Tottenham Hotspur has expired and whilst he has been linked with Sam Allardyce’s West Ham, he had made clear he is open to a move to the north-east.
The Frenchman said: “"I would consider going to Sunderland.
"Anything can happen in the transfer market, though, it's always a tense time.
"It's all about making the right choices and the nice thing is to have options."
The Frenchman has had well documented injury problems but signing him on a free reduces the risk for Sunderland and the 33-year-old would bring much experience to the squad.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Latest in Sport
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent