Manchester City: potential summer transfer targets
Friday 17 June 2011
Now that the hex of having not won a trophy for 35 years has been lifted, Manchester City are now fully expected to push on and challenge for bigger things.
Owner Sheikh Mansour appears willing to spend whatever is necessary, but Uefa's Financial Fair Play rules will stimy the wild spending sprees seen in previous transfer windows. Even so, a couple of big name signings can still be expected this summer.
Here, we analyse the players that have been linked in the press and online with a switch to Eastlands.
Latest in Sport
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’