Manchester United and Arsenal 'target' Eden Hazard reveals transfer plans
Monday 31 October 2011
Lille midfielder Eden Hazard has revealed his desire to move abroad at the end of the season.
The highly-rated 20-year-old Belgium international is contracted to Lille until 2015, but told L'Equipe: "I feel ready to make it to the next level at a big club.
"I stayed in Lille this season because there were still things I had to work on, things to prove. But now, I'm ready."
Hazard has been linked with a move to Lille's big-spending Ligue 1 rivals Paris St Germain, but looks more likely to attract the attention of the likes of Real Madrid, Arsenal and Manchester United.
"Paris is not for now," he added. "Paris is magical, as they say. Of course it attracts me, but for now, no. In France I do not want to build a rival club to Lille.
"After France, I want to go abroad."
Latest in Sport
How Manchester United manager David Moyes must wish for some of Manuel Pellegrini’s problems
World Cup 2014 draw: Greg Dyke makes 'cut throat' gesture after England are drawn in 'Group of Death'
World Cup 2014: Your guide to Group A - Brazil; Croatia; Mexico; Cameroon
World Cup draw 2014: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Arsenal vs Everton: Let loan players take on their parent clubs, says Arsène Wenger
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail