Manchester United completed transfers: Guillermo Varela and Marouane Fellaini not enough to ease fears over lack of activity
All the ins and outs at Old Trafford
Tuesday 03 September 2013
Ins: Guillermo Varela (Atletico Penarol, undisclosed), Marouane Fellaini (Everton, £27.5million)
Outs: Paul Scholes (retired), Sam Johnstone (Yeovil, loan), Scott Wootton (Leeds, undisclosed), Sean McGinty (Sheffield United, free), Frederic Veseli (Ipswich, free), John Cofie (Barnsley, free), Reece Brown (Watford, free), Luke McCullough (Doncaster, free), Reece James (Carlisle, loan), Ryan Tunnicliffe (Ipswich, loan), Angelo Henriquez (Real Zaragoza, loan), Nick Powell (Wigan, loan)
Latest in Sport
Chelsea victory parade mocked on Twitter as 'tens of fans' pack the streets of London
Preston fan who appeared to snatch Jermaine Beckford's shirt from eight-year-old boy identified and says: 'the truth will come out'
Danny Ings to Tottenham: Spurs rival Liverpool for £6m Burnley striker
FA ban Aston Villa flag for the FA Cup final because it contains a reference to Arsenal
Manchester United season player ratings: Grading Louis van Gaal's entire squad
- 1 I was raped by another man. And now the Government wants to take away the one thing that saved my life
- 2 Preston fan who appeared to snatch Jermaine Beckford's shirt from eight-year-old boy identified and says: 'the truth will come out'
- 3 Priest warns pupils the 'Charlie Charlie Challenge' is 'demonic activity'
- 4 Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
- 5 US warned by Chinese media to stop meddling or 'war will be inevitable'
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote