Manchester United on verge of signing Chilean striker Angelo Henriquez
Tuesday 14 August 2012
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is reportedly on the brink of landing a striker - 18-year-old Chilean Angelo Henriquez.
The teenager was believed to have undergone a medical in Manchester today, although it has been claimed in Chile that he will be immediately loaned back to his current club, Universidad de Chile.
United are yet to make any announcement on the subject.
However, Henriquez is regarded as one of his country's brightest prospects.
He impressed at the recent Milk Cup tournament in Northern Ireland, when Chile finished third in the six-team elite competition.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 North Korean prison officers 'cooked prisoner's baby and fed it to their dogs', more horrific accounts from UN report reveal
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson
- 4 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever