Manchester United target Nikica Jelavic happy at Rangers
Thursday 19 May 2011
Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic insists he is going nowhere despite being linked with a move to Manchester United.
The Croatian has been a hit at Ibrox after netting 19 goals in his debut season despite a spell of almost four months on the sidelines part way through the campaign.
His form saw him linked with a £13million switch to Old Trafford, but the forward - who joined Rangers for £4million last summer - claims he is happy in Glasgow.
Jelavic was quoted in the Daily Record as saying: "Frankly, I do not think about leaving because I am loving it at Rangers.
"Some of the stories about me leaving were simply people getting excited over nothing. I don't think I need to push myself for sale."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel
The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace