Felipe Anderson’s agent has denied that her client is in talks with Manchester United and casted doubt on his prospective move to Old Trafford.
The Lazio attacking midfielder has been repeatedly linked with Old Trafford since last summer, when the Serie A club rejected an inquiry from United into the Brazilian’s availability.
Reports suggesting that a deal has already been struck between the two clubs for the 22-year-old have emerged over the course of the last month.
Anderson’s agent Julianna Gomes, however, has rejected these claims and says no talks have been held.
“I have nothing to say about this,” Gomes said, when contacted directly by TuttoMercatoWeb. “We haven’t received any offers, there’s nothing. Otherwise they should talk to us."
Last month, Lazio denied reports that club president Claudio Lotito had been overheard while boasting about arranging the sale of Anderson.
Lotito allegedly told officials from Serie B club Crotone: “I bought Felipe Anderson for €8million and have already sold him for €60million. Next year he’ll go to Manchester United."
Anderson, who joined Lazio in a £6.6million move from Santos in 2013, has scored 8 goals in 39 appearances this season.
The Serie A club, like United, were eliminated from the Europa League at the round of 16 stage on Thursday night, losing 4-1 to Sparta Prague on aggregate.Reuse content