Marseille will not sell 'Arsenal target' Lucho Gonzalez
Wednesday 17 August 2011
Marseille sporting director Jose Anigo has warned that midfielder Lucho Gonzalez will not be allowed to leave the club amid reported interest from Arsenal.
OM have been forced to fend off interest in the 30-year-old playmaker with Arsenal reportedly keen on agreeing a season-long loan deal.
The Gunners are searching for midfield replacements following Cesc Fabregas' departure for Barcelona, while Samir Nasri is expected to move to Manchester City.
Any interest in Gonzalez would apparently seem likely to fail, however, after Anigo told L'Equipe: "It's not even a debate. We do not want him (Gonzalez) to leave.
"The transfer window closes in less than 15 days and I don't see how that would be enough time to find a suitable replacement."
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Latest in Sport
Roy Keane omits Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs from 'greatest' Manchester United team
Ian Herbert: England need to learn from Aussies and master art of avoiding ‘the creep’ so they can keep winning when they are winning
Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira relive the rivalry - after a shared ice cream in Warsaw
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Alastair Cook future in jeopardy after another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Exercise most effective lifestyle choice for preventing dementia, researchers say
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent