Middlesbrough turn down £6m bid from Bolton for Rhys
Tuesday 31 January 2012
Middlesbrough have rejected a £6million bid from Bolton for defender Rhys Williams, Press Association Sport understands.
Wanderers have been on the versatile Australia international's trail for some time, and are now understood to have made their move.
However, npower Championship promotion contenders Boro are under no pressure to sell as manager Tony Mowbray attempts to guide them back into the Barclays Premier League.
food + drinkMichelin-starred Tom Sellers on being this year's hottest property
tvParents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
food + drinkHow one grocery e-tailer is gearing up for the Yuletide rush
food + drink
travelFor broadcaster Mishal Husain, a long-haul Club Med holiday was a chance for her family to explore its sense of 'zen' and 'animation'
Latest in Sport
Why Barcelona chose Everton to educate their latest prodigy
What does Manchester United manager David Moyes stand for? Where is the big philosophy? He needs to show us
Manchester United 0 Newcastle United 1 match report: David Moyes powerless to prevent dismal defeat
Liverpool 4 West Ham 1 match report: Luis Suarez gives England more to fear
Manchester United 0 Newcastle United 1: Champions haven't got a clue
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Why Barcelona chose Everton to educate their latest prodigy
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant