Nacer Chadli wings way to Tottenham after £7m deal is agreed with FC Twente
Monday 22 July 2013
Tottenham have boosted their attacking options with the signing of Belgium winger Nacer Chadli.
The 23-year-old signed for a fee in the region of £7 million from FC Twente yesterday, subject to a medical. He becomes Spurs’ second major signing of the close season after they brought in Brazilian midfielder Paulinho for £17 million.
Chadli, who has dual Moroccan and Belgian citizenship, played once for Morocco in a friendly before switching to Belgium in 2011. He joins Belgium team-mates Jan Vertonghen and Mousa Dembélé at White Hart Lane. Spurs hope Chadli can help them achieve their top-four Premier League target
Latest in Sport
- 1 'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
- 2 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 3 Playboy model April Summers speaks out about being a victim of revenge porn
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'