Nacer Chadli wings way to Tottenham after £7m deal is agreed with FC Twente
Monday 22 July 2013
Tottenham have boosted their attacking options with the signing of Belgium winger Nacer Chadli.
The 23-year-old signed for a fee in the region of £7 million from FC Twente yesterday, subject to a medical. He becomes Spurs’ second major signing of the close season after they brought in Brazilian midfielder Paulinho for £17 million.
Chadli, who has dual Moroccan and Belgian citizenship, played once for Morocco in a friendly before switching to Belgium in 2011. He joins Belgium team-mates Jan Vertonghen and Mousa Dembélé at White Hart Lane. Spurs hope Chadli can help them achieve their top-four Premier League target
Latest in Sport
Chelsea vs Tottenham combined XI: Hugo Lloris or Thibaut Courtois? Willian or Christian Eriksen? Who makes the final cut?
Manchester United vs Sunderland match report: Wayne Rooney scores twice but referee Roger East sends off Wes Brown instead of John O'Shea
AP McCoy on Arsenal: 'If I was performing that bad I'd have retired a long time ago'
Carl Frampton vs Chris Avalos; Tyson Fury vs Christian Hammer; Dmitry Chudinov vs Chris Eubank Jr - boxing on TV this weekend
Manchester United player ratings: Just how bad was Angel Di Maria to be withdrawn at half-time?
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Man to be beheaded in Saudi Arabia after ripping up a Koran and hitting it with his shoe
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'