Newcastle make move for Coventry youngster Gaël Bigirimana
Newcastle are set to sign Coventry's young central midfielder Gaël Bigirimana.
The 18-year-old, who was born in Burundi, came to live in England in 2004, and caught the eye of Newcastle's scouting staff last season. Bigirimana played 26 times for Coventry in their relegation campaign from the Championship and was at Newcastle's training ground yesterday as they look to strengthen their pool of youngsters. They are also set to sign the Australian defender Curtis Good.
Newcastle's Europa League play-off first leg could be switched from 23 August to avoid a fixture pile-up with the Premier League trip to Chelsea two days later.
Latest in Sport
Wow - what a weekend for British Motorcycle racing!
by Luke Wilkins
22 May 2013 05:00 AM
The dust is barely settling on the Premier League season and the bookies are looking to persuade us ...
by Gareth Purnell
22 May 2013 02:01 AM
The guard has changed at Old Trafford for the first time in 26 years. Meanwhile, down the road, the ...
by The Sports Lawyer
21 May 2013 10:01 PM
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 4 Eyewitness Ingrid Loyau-Kennett gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL might have a sinister plan as a soldier is murdered in suspected Islamic terrorist attack
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.